Is your brand looking for tips on connecting with Hispanic communities? Then watch the video below and read key takeaways from our latest Bold Builder Live webinar!
Reaching Hispanic Communities: 5 Key Takeaways
- Diversifying your marketing is essential. Hispanics are 20% of the entire U.S. population and growing, and 70% of Hispanics do not think brands target them enough or understand their culture. Brands that do create authentic connections will be rewarded with the strong loyalty and fast-growing buying power that’s seen among this group.
- Digital media channels are primary among this community, but don’t discount traditional TV and Audio. The Hispanic community is mostly digital-centric and mobile first, with social and streaming video and audio (specifically podcasts) playing a big role. However, media varies with level of acculturation and language comfort, with unacculturated (mostly older) adults still relying on Spanish-language linear TV and Radio. This community is very reachable, but can be fragmented so it’s critical to conduct proper media consumption research on your specific audience to understand how to balance the mix and avoid over- or under-saturation.
- Lead with representation and values. To create an authentic connection, consumers want to a) see themselves reflected in your marketing and b) feel that your values align with their values. Even if you don’t have a large budget for creative specifically geared towards the Hispanic community, ensuring that your creative aligns with those two priorities will go a long way. Aligning with key cultural conversations also demonstrates that you understand the needs of the community.
- Know your audience. Just like any marketing endeavor, knowing your audience is key. The “Hispanic community” is a broad umbrella with so much diversity and unique individuals within, so taking the time to understand the nuances of your specific audience within your markets will allow you to deliver creative and a consumer journey that resonates in powerful ways.
- Commit. Don’t just do one small campaign and try to check a box. Think holistically to strategically integrate Hispanic marketing into your campaigns, and build on your first steps year over year. Consistent coverage outside of just heritage months and widely-recognized cultural celebrations will ensure members of this community see their interests represented consistently, helping to establish essential credibility and trust for your brand.
Interested in diving deeper on this topic? Reach out to our media specialists at email@example.com to start a conversation.